It's Time To Tailgate!
Throw a game day party without a fumble.
When tailgating, the first thing you want to do is have a good time. But when you’re throwing a tailgate party you want it to go off without a hitch. Here are some tips from the experts to help your next tailgate party go from frazzled to dazzled! Be sure to check out our online recipes for great grilling and sides ideas!
1. Plan ahead
• Freeze bottles of water the night before and use them as ice packs in the cooler
• Marinate meat in re–sealable bags the night before
• Laminate your item list to protect it from spills and dips. You can use a dry erase marker to check items off
• Get a large, clear plastic Rubbermaid bin with a lid to keep all your supplies like paper products, cutlery, trash bags, etc. This will allow you to do a quick inventory each week
3. Decorate with team colors wherever possible
• Tablecloths, plates, cups, napkins, etc.
4. Show up early
• You’ll probably need to show up about 3 to 4 hours before the game to set up. That should give you plenty of time to cook the food, play some games and just hang out with your group
5. Bring enough
• There’s nothing worse than running out of food or beverages! You can always bring extra food home, but you can’t eat what’s not there!
Check out our featured videos for some great appetizer recipes and more organizing tips.